Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Jay's Entry #2

Another memory passed through my mind and made me smile, for this I remember very well.

It was a Sunday, another religious day for a person like me. For others, it's just another day to chill. As I contemplated about my life before I walked inside the church, I asked myself:

Bakit kaya ako malungkot? [Why am I sad?]

Suddenly, I saw couples left and right, walking around sweet, adorable and happy. For once, I figured the answer to my question. I was single and lonely. 

Nakakainggit!!! [I'm jealous!!!]

I didn't mind too much about that. It did not matter to me, but you can't help but think about a small thing such as that. So I proceeded to enter the House of God. I dipped my fingers on the Holy water basin, simulated the Sign of the Cross, genuflected to show respect to God and sat on one of the pews in the middle of the Church. As I listened to the first reading, I saw a girl in a white shirt; long, sleek, shiny hair; pretty lips that anyone could ever imagine. I wondered who is she. Not for long my question got answered. It was her. 

Gracie.

As I was in a spell of shock and awe, she walked up to the podium and sang the responsorial psalm. This is the part where I fell in love with her voice. Her singing was like the Angels humming from the heavens. 

I was in love. 

To ever wonder the coincidence and the chances of seeing an event like this, is nearly impossible to believe. 

What am I feeling at this point? I felt like a boy in Church wishing for something that can make him happy eternally.





No comments:

Post a Comment