Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Alcohol, Ocean, And shenanigans.

It was 4pm in Japan.

Text message : "C u @ QD Brcks" - Jay>Gracie

I burned my time by entertaining myself with loud music and a couple of light alcoholic drinks. Suddenly, I received a text message. The thought about where to go and what places to see slightly put me under pressure. Alas, time was on my side, not for long though.

Text message : "I'm here. :)" - Gracie>Jay

I jumped up fast enough I knocked over my drink. I cleaned up my mess and my room as fast as the housekeeping from Marriot. After all the shenanigans, I bolted out of my room and headed out to the lobby.

There she was. I felt like a little kid staring at the biggest lollipop in a candy store. I composed myself as I approached her. I greeted her with a big hug and met up with the friends.

It was a blast. Proper introductions to the friends were rendered. Jokes were tossed around the group. We teased each other with names and such. All was fun.

We got to the train station. The tolls were filled with Japanese passengers. As we waited in line, our conversations and jokes continued. The sense of boredom stuck each and everyone of us. So, the ridiculous person that I am, I proceeded on making fun of people in the crowd. The crowd cheered on. Making fun of people can be somewhat amusing when utilized properly. Laughter and joy did not leave the group until we boarded the train and arrived at the beach. Everyone got excited and the level of fun elevated. As the group proceeded to the beach, Grace and I fell back from the group and walked slow.  Too bad these are the conversations I have a hard time recalling.  Although, this is what I remember:

Gracie - "Gusto ko uminom!!! (I wanna drink!!!)

Jay - "Walang tindahan na malapit dito na meron alak. (There's no store here nearby with alcohol.)

A light bulb flickered then lit on top on my head. I gathered everyone and asked if they all wanted to drink. All rejoiced in favor as we proceeded back to the barracks. The plan was to start a small party in the room since I stashed liquor in my man-cave. Drinks were passed. The music blared and the room thumped from the bass of my speakers. While I passed the drinks, I could not help but notice that they congregated to one spot of my room. As the night passed by and as the alcohol depleted, everyone started to depart one by one. I asked the remaining people in the group to help clean our ruckus.  Happily, they agreed. Finally, the room resumed to its original position.

Everyone left after that. Wait, not everyone.

I see her on my seat, staring at me.

My heart pounded. My skin had goosebumps from my head to toe. I was nervous. And all I thought was:


"Oh no."






No comments:

Post a Comment