Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Gracie's walk from Church

I sang my last note, as the pianist kept playing. I skimmed through the audience in search of people that I knew.

Wait. Isn't that him...?

The song had finished, and I had to walk back to my seat. The mass continued.

I concentrated very hard in praying that day. It was fairly difficult, knowing that there were people you knew in the Church staring at you. An hour has passed, the mass was over.

I opened my umbrella as I walked through the steps leading to the commissary. The sun shown brightly and drizzled at the same time. It gave me peace of mind that the day ahead of me would be spent eating and walking around Japan.  As I pondered my thoughts to myself, someone had tapped me by the shoulder.

"Hi."

"Hello."

Alas, it was him.

"Name's Jay. We work together at the hospital... Just wanted to say that you did a nice job singing in Church today."

"Why thank you," I said. "I just got here from "C" school.  I saw you at work the other day... Do you go to Church often?" I stuttered.

"Every Sunday," He held my umbrella for me.

"Thanks," I smirked.

"Do you want to chill with some friends tonight? We're planning to go to the beach."

"Sure," I said.

"Let me get your number and I'll let you know what time we'll meet up."

The commissary was right beside the barracks. By this time, we had already reached the building and stood outside as he took out his phone. Back then, the iphone 3GS was the most technologically advanced kind.  He saved my number and we both bid our goodbyes.  I guess he didn't know how to react when he asked to shake my hand.  People call me insensitive, so I didn't think much of it.

Maybe he wants to be friends.

I knew that I really liked him, so I sought out a plan.  Part of the girl code is to see if a boy likes you.  It wasn't hard to do. I knew what I had to do. I just had to plan it out and see if it worked. 



No comments:

Post a Comment