Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Journal Entry # 1

How did this beautiful and wonderful woman met a guy like me?

Well, let me tell you the story from my point of view.

        Wintertime. Weather was chilly. Cold morning breeze flew through Japan's atmosphere. It was just the end of my shift from the ER. In amidst of my excitement due to the fact that my shift was over, someone told me to stay a bit late for the morning rush. Dissapointment and anger flowed through my veins as I worked for more hours.

         A few moments passed and I was tasked to fetch the Pediatrician Doctor. Frustration grew at that point. Just imagine, staying up all night for the shift, in addition to that, working for the ward, and being bossed like crazy. Yes, I was ready to explode. Unfortunately, I had to keep myself reserved to follow orders. Passing along the front desk of a clinic, I stopped. And there she was.

         I could not help myself but to stop and say hello. But I was loss in words to introduce myself. Henceforth, I found another way. I said hello to one of my friends to create attention. Gave him the courtesy to shake hands and converse. After a few exchange of words, I caught her attention. 

         Every word I tried to process in my mind,

        all I could come up was a simple "Hi there".


              And there it was, the first initial contact: a mere handshake. A smile reaching from the left ear to the right ear. Exchange of names. And a tenacious line "... How are you? ..." 

              After all of that,  I bid adieu and returned to my duties. 

             And that was the beginning. Stupid as it sounds, but that's how we started.


- Jay.      


No comments:

Post a Comment